3.01.2009

Not Me

Alright, I think I'm gonnna have fun with this. I'm going to do a "Not Me Monday" post.

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


This week I did not....
......casually mention my birthday to my husband in passing several times through the week.
.......have a wonderful time with two very good friends on Friday, staying up later than I probably should have done.
......decide to give up something for Lent, three days after the Lenten season started.
......tell my husband that I was considering giving up sex for Lent (did I really just say that?)
.....drive down the highway, with my fingers plugged in my ears and my elbows on the steering wheel, while my children yelled in the back seat.
.....decide that speeding was the best way to end the misery, and that if a cop pulled me over I would simply tell him/her that if they were driving with two screaming toddlers less than two feet behind them they would drive over the speed limit too.
.....attend a meeting where I was the only one under the age of 55 (except for my two children who were technically not part of the meeting).
.....feel somewhat out of place when the pre-meeting conversation at my table was about the pros and cons of various supplemental health insurance plans for seniors on Medicare. (The consensus seemed to be that BCBS was better than Humana, and very little was known about SecureHorizons.)
.....lie a few times when someone might ask how I was doing, because it's easier to say "okay".
.....stay up late deliberating over songs to sing on Sunday morning and then oversleep the next morning and have to miss Bible study.
......desperately push buttons on the cell phone in my pocket, trying to silence "Boomer Sooner" while the person beside me was praying.
......feel relief when we were invited over for Sunday dinner, because I hadn't had time or energy to put anything in the CrockPot the night before.
......get surprised by a very yummy homemade chocolate birthday cake after dinner.




Well, I had fun. Hope you enjoyed it (and that I didn't shock or offend anyone). Thanks to Lazy Phil for the "Not Me" idea.


2 comments:

. said...

ROFLOL! :D Thanks for sharing! I'm thinking this is too funny! Happy Birthday!

The Lazy Philosopher said...

WooHoo! :)
Happy Birthday! (a day late)
~
LOL, was the Boomer Sooner in church? I'm sorry I missed it!