3.04.2009

Today I am Sherlock

I am looking for PJ5's newest and currently most favorite Veggietales DVD. I have the case, but the DVD is missing. The problem is that he likes to open the case and look at the DVD, and sometimes bring it to me so he can watch it.

So, I have looked for it in all the usual places that DVDs might possibly be found after PJ5 has been playing with them: the DVD player, the CD player, the CD player in his bedroom, the CD slot in the computer, on top of the piano, inside the wrong DVD case. And I've looked in some unusual places, too: under the sofa, in between the sofa cushions, under his bed, on the kitchen table. But I still haven't found it. Thankfully he is not panicking or insisting that he watch the video NOW. (I have also tried asking him where he put it, which works on rare occasions, but not this time.)

I used to be able to find missing things very easily and almost always remembered where I had put things, but my mind has never been the same since I had kids. You may think I am joking, and it is funny in a way, but it is too true.
~~
By the way, I am not blogging this because I expect anyone to be able to help me, but just to tell you what my day is like :)

5 comments:

The Lazy Philosopher said...

:) does it work if you give him the case and tell him to find the dvd if he wants to watch it?



My verification word was decoidos, which sounds like the perfect spanish name for trying to find out where hidden things are...

Idril said...

That's like when my keys disappeared before A2 was born, and we scoured the entire house, car, church, etc. for them. Then nine months later, A found them under a chair in the living room. In plain sight. All I've been able to come up with was that one of the girls took them to play with them and dropped them behind the books in the bookcase, and then found them again later when they pulled books out. So try the bookcase. =) Hope you find it.

Anonymous said...

I understand about your mind and memory not being the same. You're not alone. :)

Anonymous said...

It's the grace of God. Don't search for the CD, just say 'Thank you.'

swiss miss said...

to Lazy Phil: I have tried asking him but he just looks in the spot where we put loose DVDs and it's not there.

to "Take a Guess": I know you don't like Veggietales, but in that you are in the minority!!



"hicaffs": what I feel like I need this morning