3.26.2009

Memories





Well, five years ago today PJ5 was born...





I remember that the weather in Tulsa was a lot warmer and more spring-like than it is right now in Oklahoma(it's supposed to snow tomorrow). PJ (the 4th) had taken off the morning to take me to the hospital so the doctors could try to turn the baby who was feet down in the womb at three weeks before the due date. After driving me home from the unsuccessful attempt, he went to work, only to have me calling him a few hours later to take me back to the hospital because I was in labor! Once they decided I was in true labor, everything happened quickly, and at 4:00 in the afternoon our first son was born.


Then after a loooong time in the recovery room (because of my low blood pressure), settled into a regular room, I finally could concentrate on my son. I remember how it felt like my heart had expanded with love for him. I remember thinking how much he looked like his daddy, with his dark hair, blue eyes, and the deep indentation in his upper lip. Now his hair is lighter (although it is getting darker again), his eyes are brown, and he looks more like me---except for the wild curl in his hair and the indentation in his upper lip.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday PJ5!

Love~J

shan said...

we can't wait to celebrate your birthday on sunday, pj5!