3.30.2009

Not Me Monday

As I confessed to our Sooner Start therapist/provider today, I have been hard pressed just to do the "normal" mom stuff this week, much less try to do the "super-fighting-autism" mom stuff. I was sick for one day (minor, but it sapped my energy), we had a SNOW day, PJ5 turned five, and we spent 12 hours at church yesterday (minus the hour or so we took for eating lunch).

However, this "Not Me Monday" post is going to be different. I have only been following MckMama for a little over a month, but I have discovered her to be a devoted Christian, a loving mother to her "Many Small Children", a committed wife to her "Prince Charming", and full of fun and a zest for life. When I saw on Monday last week that her 4-month-old was in the hospital, my heart felt sick. So in honor of sweet Stellan....


As we are all aware, Not Me! Monday was started by MckMama. "I created Not Me! Monday for the purpose of confessing our shortcomings and imperfections to each other since, after all, we are all only human!" (MckMama's words) Every Monday, you can find more "Not Me! Monday" at her site. However, this week, in honor of her and Baby Stellan, we're doing "Not Me! Monday - Stellan Style!"

This week, it's our chance to HONOR MckMama and Stellan with our Not Me! Mondays.

This week I did not....
---Check the internet almost every hour of every day (except Sunday) to see if there were any updates on Stellan's condition.
---Spend almost an hour looking at Stellan's name gallery and learning his story(PJ5 was at school and NB was asleep).
---Talk my husband to sleep (almost) telling him about Stellan and MckMama and why my heart was heavy.
---Re-start my "Twitter" account so that I could follow her Twitter updates (because they were more frequent than the blog updates).
---Feel blessed many times by her testimonies of holding onto God, trusting Him in the midst of distress, and having peace knowing He is in control.
---Make my husband get out of bed to look at some of the cute pictures of Stellan.
---Get tears in my eyes when I saw the sweet, tired expressions of him in the hospital.
---Hold my boys a little tighter and thank God that I can.
If you will, join the many in prayer for this little boy.


Prayers for Stellan

No comments: