5.12.2008

Wichita Mountains!!!

We finally got away on our much-needed camping/hiking trip! No kids, no cooking, no strict time schedule. We enjoyed a short campfire (not good wood), listened to the night sounds from our tent, woke up to the birds singing above us (and a sore back from sleeping on the ground), went on three different hikes, talked a lot, enjoyed the sunshine, saw lots of wildlife, etc. I even made it to 2:00 on Saturday before any veggietales songs popped into my head! It was a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you got away. We're hoping to do the same on Mem. Day weekend (with kids, oh well).

Anonymous said...

I hear starting a fire in the Wichitas can be challenging. Did you take your tent this time?

I'm terribly jealous. I wish we could go to the Wichitas sometime, just the two of us...

Actually, I am glad y'all got to go. That's wonderful, and I hope you get to do it and similar things lots more.