4.22.2008

Too young

The day is calling me outside....but I have things to do inside. Besides that, NB is laying down and PJ5 will be home from school soon.

The boys went to the park last night with their grandmother. While they were there an older (but still little) boy attacked them! I don't know how else to say it. I was shocked when I found out. She said she saw the other boy push PJ5 down and start hitting him. Then later he did the same thing to NB! NB was crying, but we don't know if it was fright or pain. PJ5 didn't really react to it. NB has a bruise on his chin (but that could be just from playing), and PJ5 has a bright red mark on the back of his shoulder that is either a bruise or a bite-mark.

Before bed last night I said (emphatically) to my husband, "Our boys are going to learn how to defend themselves and maybe sooner than I thought" He laughed and said "I never thought I'd hear you say that!"

2 comments:

The Lazy Philosopher said...

I feel the urge to go trip that little boy. Or spank him. Or find a slightly bigger boy to beat him up.
~
I'm sorry. Give them hugs from me.

Anonymous said...

So, where were this kid's parents/guardians? It really frustrates me when parents don't watch what their kids are doing on the playground. One of my kids got hit by a rock another kid threw one time. It made me mad too because the parent had just told the child not to throw rocks, and then when it happened, they didn't do anything about it.
Once is one thing. Maybe they got distracted and didn't see what was going on at first. But after something like that, it's time to leave and have a serious discipline session with your child. There's no excuse for it happening again. Makes you wonder if it's even safe to take your kids to the park anymore.