4.14.2008

Here we go again...

Well, our computer is running again. So I've been catching up on reading my friends' blogs. Along the way I discovered that we no longer have flash player, so I can't see the videos that have been posted---have to fix that.

I took NB for his (18mo)well-child visit last week and mentioned (again) his lack of speech. They checked his ears and there was fluid. So now he's on antibiotics and a powerful decongestant/expectorant (both of which my nurse-sister warned me can cause an upset tummy) and we'll be going back to re-check his ears in a couple weeks. "In the meantime" they said, "go ahead and contact Sooner Start and see if you can get some speech therapy started." (It can take 4 to 8 weeks from the time you contact them until you actually get therapies---that is, if you are eligible.)

Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for any help we can get. And we had a good experience with the speech pathologist PJ5 had through Sooner Start. I just hate to be going down this road again. We don't know if NB's lack of speech is a developmental problem. There's a good chance it could be related to the fluid in his ears. We just have to investigate all possibilities, then see.

No comments: