6.13.2011

Two weeks and counting

Well, we've been on this diet for two weeks now. I really expected NB to accept this diet better and PJ5 to be the picky one, but it has been the complete opposite.

I definitely see some improvement in PJ5. He is "tuning in" better and making better eye contact, trying new foods, and calming down somewhat quicker. He's also using more words and phrases.

NB has had a harder time on this diet, not wanting to try things and refusing to eat what I put in front of him. I've let him have a few Phase 2 foods, because I was worried about him getting enough. That could be why I haven't seen as much difference in him. He's eating a little better the last couple of days, so maybe we'll see some improvement, both in eating habits and in behavior. He actually ate a mini-hamburger I had in the fridge today. That's the first meat he's had in about five days. He is getting protein from eggs everyday.

Hubby and I have "mostly" followed the diet, except on date nights. He was sick this last weekend with bad sinus problems, so I got him some bread, diet 7-Up, etc. so that he could eat things that agreed with him. We had to hide it in our bathroom.

We really need to find a lock for our fridge so that the boys don't get into the eggs and break them. And so we can control how much fruit PJ5 eats. He may have gone a little fruit-crazy last week. We've gone through all the child-proof locks for appliances and the boys figured them out some time ago. If we could just figure out a way to get a padlock on there. (And I'm only half-joking.)

I also may look for some special shoes for the extended time I spend standing in front of the stove. Or maybe a special rug...

2 comments:

Sunnee said...

So excited for you all! Keep it up I know it will work. I am praying for you.

Denith said...

I am so glad it is working!! I know that it is not the easiest for you,but you will be rewarded with new results. We love you and pray for you.