6.25.2011

These days

I wrote this a couple weeks ago and forgot to post it

We said we would do this diet at least four weeks, or for the whole summer if it seems to be helping. We are at three-and-a-half weeks now. PJ5 has shown a lot of improvement in behavior and vocabulary. He is responding to verbal directions much better. He also started drawing a LOT, which he did when he was little but then quit. NB is counting, and spelling words he's learned from a game. PJ5 got on a fruit kick for a few days there and I could tell the sugar was a little too much. I finally found a version of chicken nuggets they both love....However, it's a little time-consuming and messy.

Actually, this diet is somewhat time-consuming all-around. I've been trying to eat my meals before or after the boys, because making theirs usually takes awhile and they eat every crumb that I make! And in spite of the stash of frozen bean burritos (for protein) in the freezer, and carb-snacks locked in my bathroom, I have lost about 5 pounds. If you know me, you know I don't need to lose five pounds. I had just gained that weight and now it's gone again. I just don't always have time to eat every time I'm hungry. And I try to save for the boys the foods they really like. And I am just so busy!!

One reason I am so busy is that for the past two weeks I've been doing almost all the house chores, etc. on my own. Hubby has a big deadline at work and has put in many, many hours the last two weeks, so I have a lot less help from him than usual. He's even had to work the last few Saturdays, which is rare. So, on top of doing all this cooking I am trying to keep up with dishes, laundry, clean-up, shopping, etc. on my own. I keep telling myself this is only temporary.


I wonder: Do all mothers feel like they are trying to do the work of more than one person?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I think about the burnout he has at work and the burnout I have at home.

No comments: