1.21.2009

A Great American

Well, I had a few tears in my eyes yesterday as I watched pieces of the inauguration proceedings. And it wasn't because I was witnessing an important moment in history, which I was. No, it was because I was saying good-bye to the Bushes. I had tears in my eyes as I watched the dignified couple welcome the new "First Couple" to the White House. And again as I watched them board a helicopter to leave the White House grounds.

He was such a man of integrity, and I hate how the media has made fun of him and criticized him. The media has ceased to be unbiased in the last year. He has been treated with such disrespect by our own American citizens, as well as the media. It makes me mad to hear it said that he has contributed to the loss of our moral standing with the world. When our nation was attacked he went after those who were responsible like any Texas boy would. He sent a message of "no tolerance" to terrorists and those who support them. No, if the moral image of our country has been tarnished it is by the media, and by the "stars" whose lives are seen by other countries as typical of Americans.

I'm not saying that I have agreed with every deicision he made. But at least he stuck by his decisions and was not swayed by public opinion. He did what he believed was best for our country in the long run and I admire and respect him for that.

I will miss him and I hope we can find another like him within the next four years.

Good-bye, George "W", and God bless you!

No comments: