9.29.2008

My Rant

I am so aggravated and disgusted. I was at the store and an older gentleman stopped me as I was going down an aisle and said, "Can I tell you a joke? It won't take long." I politely smiled and said okay. He then proceeded to tell me a blonde joke. I rolled my eyes, smiled and moved on.

Talk about prejudice!!! I am ready to dye my hair! The only reason he stopped me was because of the color of my hair.

Typical blonde jokes are not funny to me, because they portray blondes as stupid. I don't know why a person tells blonde jokes to a blonde. If the blonde is as dumb as the joke portrays, they're not even going to get the joke. If they are intelligent enough to get the joke, they're not going to think it funny that the person is stereotyping them.

I am blonde. I am not stupid! So I've decided to change my hair color...

Alright, maybe I'll wait until PJ gets home before I do anything drastic...

Don't tell me a blonde joke right now...

2 comments:

Idril said...

Ok, this is funny, but not a joke. I noticed there was a new blog post on my homepage, and I clicked on it without noticing whose blog it was. I just assumed it was Lazy Phil because she is usually the one with the most new stuff. So I read your post in a very puzzled way, while I desperately tried to figure out how Lazy Phil or a random grocery store man could possibly call her hair blonde.... =)

shan said...

you'll be beautiful no matter what you do, and i know you aren't stupid...not that my opinion counts very much. love ya!