2.13.2008

Word update

I posted some time ago that PJ5 was saying "popcorn" pretty clearly and using the word as a request. Well, he met with such success that now he says "popcorn" any time he wants something to eat---even if it's not popcorn. I know this happens occasionally. A child will get a word or "sign" right and try to use it for everything.
So we're trying to get him to say the appropriate word for what he wants. He has added a few new ones so far: chicken, drink (he could say milk already), apple, and grapes. I should perhaps clarify that he can say these, but it requires some prompting and motivation.
Actually, I think (hope?) that the success of "popcorn" may be motivating him to at least try some other words.

2 comments:

. said...

I like the word Popcorn. It's so much fun to say. :D

The Lazy Philosopher said...

That's awesome!
(i just finished my popcorn...)