3.16.2014

My opinion on vaccines

I am not anti-vaccine. 
I am not pro-vaccine. 
I am pro-information. 

I want people to know the risks of vaccinating and the risks of not vaccinating.  And then I want them to be able to CHOOSE what is right for their child or themselves.  I do not want the government to force people to vaccinate.

I want people to be open to the reality that vaccines sometimes cause harm.  And I want people to realize that the pharmaceutical companies are not completely open about this, and that their studies and research are usually done by their own teams or by some backdoor-related company.  Many "independent studies" are not truly independent.

I do not "know" that vaccines was the trigger that caused our sons to develop autism.  I do know that after our youngest received his first MMR (at about 3 1/2 or 4 years old) his speech/babble regressed.  He did regain it, but only after 3 to 6 months.  At this point, he already had a diagnosis of autism.  Since then, he has not received any vaccinations.

No comments: