5.22.2013

"Take Advantage of This Deal!"...........or not

When I get advertisements for "Get-aways" I make a skeptical sound and go on to the next thing. 

Family vacations?  It's more like pack-up-all-your-problems-and-take-them-somewhere-besides-home.  

Yes, we take vacations.  And we enjoy seeing other places and people.  But it's not always relaxing.  The name doesn't really fit.  We've had to change our ideas about what vacation means.

And "get-away"?  Not really.  It's difficult for Hubby and I to really get away.  It takes lots of planning beforehand and other people's help. We do make an effort to try and have a day or two away from the kids at least once a year, and sometimes twice in a year.  

That's just reality.  

I really try not to be too cynical, and I'm not bitter.  It's just the irony that gets me.  I feel like life mocks me sometimes.  I either have to cry, or laugh.  

I'm sure you know what I mean.

No comments: