9.19.2011

Day One

I did okay.  Not spectacular, but good.  

I worked in the kitchen and the laundry area.  I mopped.  And mopped.  I cleaned counters and did dishes.  I cleared off the table of unnecessary items (which chore has to be done regularly at our house).  I know that doesn't sound like much, but it took some time.

I realized that some household tasks (namely, mopping) are an aerobic exercise when done for a long stretch, so I had to stop once-in-a-while to catch my breath and get a drink or snack.   I was burning calories, you see.  

The next day I took a nap in the morning, because I had been up in the middle of the night for at least an hour with a fussy, but not sick, kid.  I think he had a bad dream.   If I don't get enough sleep I drag the rest of the day; it affects my patience level; and it can cause flare-ups of IBS.  So, I do take a nap when I really need one.  My husband understands and encourages this.  He is pretty awesome.

Today I need to spend some extra time preparing for Bible Study tomorrow night, so we'll see if anything else gets done this morning.

1 comment:

. said...

Woot! You inspire me to do some fall pruning too! hmmm...maybe after tax season...