7.24.2010

The problem

Alright, here's the problem. I can carve out a few minutes here and there to blog. And I want to. But I find myself talking so much about autism, and I didn't intend for this blog to be about autism. And I find myself letting out frustration and complaints here, but I don't want this to a be a negative place.

I can't decide what to do. I've thought about changing the name of the blog and making it more about autism. Since autism is my life right now. Or I can just keep things as they are and try to make sure I balance every negative post with something else that's positive. What do you think? (all 5 of you readers, that is)

This reminds me of something that's been going through my head. When I was little my mom used to play/sing to me an old song---"First you say you do, and then you don't" Another phrase from the song is "you're undecided now--so what are you gonna do?" It's a peppy song, and was a friendly poke at my indecisiveness. I've been thinking about that song alot lately because it seems I am as indecisive as I ever was. *sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

1- you could put this blog on hold if it's just adding to your "to-do" list and not helping you in any way
2- you shouldn't feel guilty for talking about autism, since you want to do what's best for your boys, and those who read this get a good idea how autism impacts the life of your whole family
3- you could take David as a role model: in many of his Psalms he lays out all his complaints, griefs, losses, fears, etc. to God, but often ends by praising God for His faithfulness or mercy. He acknowledges that God is still at work and can be trusted with all his problems, etc.
"The entrance of Thy Word gives light." (as in the light of His presence...) ljz/oma

Idril said...

I like reading your blog. Don't want to add to your burden, but enjoy it like it is. I think of you as a very positive person, so it seems like you can afford some venting, and if it helps to do it on a blog, then go ahead, but tell us about the good times too. And I don't mind hearing about autism. It helps me understand better.

Anonymous said...

I like what ljz wrote about your blog. This is life the way it is! Someone commented once about how I put a lot of comments on facebook about my kids. My life mainly consists of two things: raising my kids and doing ministry at church. It would be fun to blog about skiing or vacations or new cars, but that isn't what is real in my life (guess I would have to create a fantasy blog).

I enjoy hearing about how things are going with your life and it gives me a better understanding of autism. When I hear a story of a challenge that you are working through or a victory that God has helped you with, it gives me direction in my prayers for you! :) Love you! -Kym

Jarka said...

whatever you do we'll be here - still reading :)
you might change the title, or leave it as it is it's up to you...and write about everything you need to write - I find it very calming and productive to write everything down and sort it out that way, it helps me to organiye a little bit, so just write all you want/need and we will be here to listen/read :)

Joe said...

A blog is just one communication tool among many, and the people you care about interact with you on multiple channels. Spare yourself the trouble of agonizing over balancing any one particular channel.
Now, inasmuch as your life is unbalanced in an unhealthy manner (you know whether it is), prayerfully search for the right means to get closer to where He wants you by His strength and grace. If the tree is healthy, the fruit will be good.