6.30.2009

Joke

I guess I should become reconciled to posting on here once a week or less, but I keep thinking I'll do it more often eventually.


Anyhow, here is our big joke of the day.
First, I should explain that PJ has been home yesterday and today with strep throat. Yesterday sometime (or perhaps it was Sunday night) I adjusted the thermostat up to 78 since the cold front came through, and it seemed the AC was keeping it nice and cool. (By the way I feel ridiculous calling it a cold front when we still have highs in the nineties.) Then this morning as it approached noon, I thought it's getting warm in here--I better turn the dial back down to 75 so it will stay cool. And so I did. But a couple hours later it still felt warm. I climbed on a table and put my hand up to the vent and the air felt tepid. I thought "oh great--gonna have to call the AC guys--and it'll take forever to get one because it's so hot now" I decided to give it a little more time and see what happened. We all went to the store for awhile and as we left the store we could see a few rainclouds (not big) and the air felt a little cooler. But upon our return, I discovered that the air outside was now cooler than the air inside the house. I told PJ that we would have to call someone. I went to the thermostat to look at it again and then I saw it......
The "heat/off/cool" switch was on HEAT!

I switched it to "cool" and within 30 minutes the air coming out of the vents was definitely cold air. Of course, I exclaimed aloud and we both started laughing. He came over to look and pointed out to me a small step stool directly underneath the thermostat. I have never seen either of the boys reach for or even look with interest at the little box on the wall, but kids can be curious. However, I am not going to accuse.

I just looked out to the back yard where PJ took PJ5 to play. They have the kiddie pool full of water (which I suggested doing earlier when it was hot inside and out), and there is a nice breeze blowing and some more raincluds coming in from the west......*sigh*

No comments: