6.06.2008

Autism walk

We are participating in the Autism Walk in Oklahoma City tomorrow morning. I found some "stories" on the website where we registered, and I wanted to share what one mom said. I'll include a link so you can read other stories if you want. This one is from "My Two Little Miracles" (about halfway down the page).


"I still spend many nights and days crying for what might have been, but I now know this will not help them, so I fight. I fight so that my boys will lead good, happy lives. I fight so that every parent of an autistic child will know that we must never give up on these precious children. I will walk so that the people who may stare and speak harsh words when our chidren cry will understand what heroes really are. Heroes are these little human beings that struggle every day to do the simple things. I will walk so that Autism will become a thing of the past, so that more research can be done to help my little angels, and the little angles yet to enter this world that may be touched by autism. I will walk because this villan, Autism, does not know it's most fierce warrior is a mother. I will walk because this is a war I will wage until I close my eyes, and because those two little boys are the air that I breath."

http://www.walknowforautism.org/site/apps/nl/newsletter2.asp?c=jeIKLMOnGjF&b=3620101


And now I will head for bed, because we have to be downtown in the morning by 9:30.

P.S. I must admit that I still cry, even though it does them no good.

No comments: